Today is my first official posting...I'm trying all different methods to keep in touch and update family and friends.
Jason and I are expecting twin girls. A double blessing from God and we are so very happy. We've decided on first names Lydia and Claire but they do not have middle names yet, I'm sure we'll figure that out in the next month or so. As far as we know they are fraternal twins but since they are both girls we'll have a test (simple cheek swab) when there are born to find out for sure.
Everything is going great. My doctor said she's treating me like a normal pregnant person until I prove otherwise. I love how laid back and hands off she is, exactly what I wanted. My belly is finally starting to look pregnant. Thank goodness...no more of the "I ate to much for dinner" look! That was a miserable time...not big enough for everyone to know your "with child" but just big enough to look like your best friend every morning for the past 2 months has been a bag of doughnuts. I'm going to keep trucking along like I normally have until I'm told to slow down. I'm trying to stay as active as I can to avoid any possible bed rest or complications (even though I know I'm not in control).
I had my first visit to a NICU today. I went to visit my friend and co-worker who had twin babies (Eva and Roman) born at 30 weeks. First of all they both look amazing and are so big and growing so strong...they are 1 month old today...little miracles. I do have to say that I was very overwhelmed and became very emotional. That is the best place for any baby to be but to see all the little pods and monitors and nurses...well what else can I say but it was a lot to take in. I know that the girls will have to stay in the NICU for a couple days (at least) and seeing it just makes it all that much more real!!
Well I think this may be long enough for my first posting...
No comments:
Post a Comment