Saturday, February 23, 2008

35 Weeks...

The babies are another week stronger and making no signs of wanting to come out any time soon! I had another non-stress test and doctor's visit, both went great. After talking to Dr. Soper again I have made the decision not to get a planned epidural...don't get me wrong if I'm absolutely miserable and at a breaking point I may reconsider but my goal has always been to go into this as natural as possible. So that is that and besides the back pain, pubic bone pain, lack of sleep and constant peeing...there is nothing new to report. :)

We had our hospital tour on Tuesday, Methodist has some very nice rooms, it's no St. Vincents or Clarian North but that is not what is important to us. Methodist is the only certified baby friendly hospital in the state of Indiana (go to Methodist's link on my page and read more about it) and they allow midwifes to practice at their hospital (that is very rare). They also are open to all methods of labor such as birthing balls, water births/hydro therapy, aromatherapy and hypnobirthing, all things very important to us. Their philosophy is no medical intervention unless there is a true medical reason to do so...very reassuring. Because as I've stated in pretty much every post, we want to do this as naturally as possible (keeping in mind that God is the ultimate decision maker).

In other news we almost have everything purchased...we need to get the other crib and both of the mattresses, we'll have those with in the next few weeks, so now all we need are some little ones to occupy all the new toys!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Happy 35 weeks!! I have been checking your blog for an update here lately! :-) I am so glad that you are doing well! You look fantastic and seem to be enjoying every moment!! Take care and keep us updated!