Sunday, May 25, 2008

2 month check up

I'm late in posting this because for the past 2 weeks I've been spending a lot of time during the day just holding Claire and Lucy. I've spent many of the past rainy and dreary days sitting in the chair just relaxing and loving on my babies...what a wonderful feeling! But the girls had their 2 month check up Monday the 19th. I took them to the doctor by myself for the first time...I was a little worried because they were getting their first shot and I was afraid I wouldn't be able to comfort them both afterwards. Well the appointment went great and the shot wasn't that bad.

We have decided to follow an delayed and alternate vaccination schedule, this is a personal decision that fits best for our family, they only received one oral vaccination and one shot so it was not that bad (they will never receive more than two vaccinations at a time). Lucy has been put on medicine for acid reflux, she's been on it for 9 days now and it's helped her SO much. She is not really fussy anymore so that turned out to be the reason for her discomfort...poor baby. And Claire is still just sailing away with no issues.

Here are the updates on each girl

Lucy:
9lbs 15 ozs (25%)
23 inches (75%)
The doctor said she is more than likely always going to be long and skinny...which fits the bill because she looks like her dad and is going to be built like him too.

Things she is doing/things she enjoys
  • Loves being held
  • She's starting to talk to us
  • Starting to focus on our faces
  • Giving us smiles now
  • LOVES her paci
  • Enjoys bath time with daddy
  • Sticks her tongue out a lot
  • Typically sleeps well at night but not for naps
  • Has a double chin
  • Tolerates tummy time
  • Makes A LOT of noise while she is sleeping and when she is waking up (our little barnyard animal)
  • While she is waking up she stretches so big for like a half hour

Claire:

9lbs 13 ozs (25%)
22 1/2 inches (50%)
She is going to be average height and smaller in size.

Things she is doing/things she enjoys

  • When she is tired she typically does NOT like to be held and wants to lay down in her bed
  • Loves interacting with us/everyone and smiles all the time (she is already a social butterfly)
  • Starting to try and talk to us...she'd rather smile than talk right now
  • Could care less about her paci (drastic change from when she was a newborn) however there are certain times when she will go to town on the thing
  • Like Lucy she loves bath time with daddy - she just sits in the tub and stares at Jason...it's so incredibly cute to watch
  • She has this look about her - she seems to just stare right through whatever she is focusing on
  • Also has a double chin
  • Doesn't really make an effort during tummy time (sort of lazy)

I have also noticed that when we are away from home for to long especially around bed time they get fussy (especially Claire due to wanting to be in bed to sleep). They are going to be two little ones that have to have a routine and a schedule.

During their next nap I'll post pictures!

No comments: