Friday, September 5, 2008

5 month post

Claire and Lucy are 5 months old. There are so many instances in my life that I wish I would have listened to what my parents or any adult said. My mom would always tell me how time goes by so fast and that we grew up so quickly and in a blink of an eye we were gone out of the house. I hate to get all sappy and dramatic but it's so true...in a blink of an eye my babies are changing and growing and becoming big girls.

It's amazing to see all the new developments and milestones...they are coming as rapid as a waterfall. I feel guilty because this blog has been my journal and I haven't had (or taken) the time to properly journal the last 2 months of the girls' development. I missed their 4 month post and I will probably finish this post late but here are some of the major things going on.

Lucy-you are such a sweet natured baby, you constantly make everyone feel special and loved. You are unbiased with your affection and will smile at anyone and brighten their day! You wake up happy and go to bed happy. There are not many things that make you sad or mad. You will tell us when you are really hungry, tired or bored but other than that you are content just to hang out and play. I've noticed already that when you are playing with a toy, your sister will try taking it from you and you will typically give it up (or share) with out a fuss. You have remained true to the way you were in the womb...I go back and look at old post from when I was pregnant with you two and I described you as calm and relaxed. You rarely kicked or gave me any trouble. As a matter of fact, I had to drink apple juice (baby speed) for the doctor just to make sure you could be stimulated to move! You are a chatter box and will squeal and kick your legs in excitement. You are getting SO much hair - you are a little fuzz head. I think you're eyes are starting to turn more hazel than blue (kind of makes me sad) but you are still a spitting image of your daddy...so much in fact that when I dress you in a neutral green outfit, you look like a little miniature Jason! You LOVE bath time and have mastered making a mess out of everything that surrounds the baby bath tub. You will have no part in standing up but you will sit in a chair while someone is holding you for hours! You still sleep on your left side with your right hand over your face (you always have your blanket in your hand and it always is wrapped over your face...we have to check on you all the time to make sure you can breathe) and then you have your two fingers on your left hand in your mouth...so sweet. You mastered rolling from your back to your belly 3 days after your 5 month birthday. You are wearing size 3 diapers and 3-6 month clothes. Lucy you are such a blessing in our life, I love you sweet demenor and quirkiness.

Claire-you are my tiny little princess. It takes you a little bit to warm up to new people. Although, you can ham it up when you want and put on quite a show! You love to laugh and talk to us, especially in the mornings. You wake up happy and let out a quirky little laugh as if to say "good morning...aren't I cute"! You are not shy to tell us if you do not like something and you are sort of a touch me not. If you are not in the mood to be held you'll tell us and once you are on the floor you are happy as a clam. And just like how you were in my belly, you are constantly on the go and very high energy, you were always kicking me and your sister! You need a lot of stimulation and you like it when we tickle and bounce you on our knees. You will grab any and everything within your reach and if it's not in your reach and you want it you will roll, wiggle or scoot your way towards it. For example, sitting in the bouncer you will make it bounce so the toys rock up by your torso and then you lean forward and grab the toys! It's pretty remarkable! As mentioned in your sisters post you are a bit of a toy theft and often steal Lucy's toys from her. You love bath time and have discovered how much fun sucking on a wash rag can be! You have been a rolling machine for a while and now you push yourself forward with your feet. You are still my big brown eyed girl and everyone says you look just like me! You love bath time but you're not a night person and often make a fuss and typically your dad and I are the only people that can get you to eat. Many nights I've come to check on you two and you'll have your head squished up by your sisters bum or pressed against the rails and holding on for dear life. You still get up once or twice a night for a snack...but you're not a very big person because you expend so much energy being a busy body all daylong! You are wearing size 2 diapers and still fit into some 3 month clothes and swim in 6-9months! Claire you are such a blessing in our life, I love your spirit and energy!

No comments: