Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Dear Journal

I have not used my blog for my personal journal in a while but I have to chronicle today's events.

Dear Journal,

Today I realized wow...I really am a mom or aka M.O.M. (machine of multiples). We got up and it was morning as usual...and of course we were running late to our Wednesday play group. I was so determined to actual get there 15 minutes late (yes late) instead of the normal 30 mins. I rushed to throw clothes on myself (no make-up or shower today...big shocker), dress two screaming toddlers, pack the diaper bag, deal with the puppy and of course find my wallet (I can never seem to find at least one item when I'm in a big hurry)! I couldn't find it...oh well what do I need my wallet for...we have to go...we're late. The next thing I did will forever seal my moment of "oh gosh...I'm a M.O.M" I went into the bathroom to brush my teeth and actually made a conscience decision to NOT brush my teeth but rather swish some mouth wash real quick...because we're late, right. I still can believe that I actually got faced with the do I or don't I brush my teeth...and chose not to! HA!

Then I remembered, I have no gas-shoot what-to-do-what-to-do...ahha...there is lawn mower gas out in the barn...so there I was trying to get every drop of gas out of a 1/2 full 5 gallon gas can, all while trying to keep my eye on Claire (Lucy was already in the van) so she didn't step in dog poop on her walk out to the car...(why did I get a dog again...I still can't find a good explination for that decision). Ok, gas can empty, that should at least get us there and back, off we go. I jump in (after loading Claire up of course) and look at the gas gage with silly optimism, just hoping it would say something...it did say something EMPTY! Awww man...all that work and it didn't even move the mean little red stick!! Bad red stick...BAD! So, I had to turn the van off and run back inside to find my wallet that "I'm not going to need" to stop at the gas station on the way home.

Alright, we are officialy LATE so let's go! And...we made it...we were 20 mins late but hey we made it!

And yes journal...you see...this is just a typical day at the Abbitt home!!

To my future self...cherish everyday you get to take a shower, brush your teeth and put make-up on. And, I promise I won't do too much damage to our body and image in this season of raising young children!

No comments: