Saturday, October 9, 2010

Drake One Month

So my little man is already 1 month old. Things are busy, crazy and fast paced around here. The girls really want to be on the move constantly, they are always asking to go to church, to Mamaw Deb's, outside...really any where that takes them away from home. I'm not sure if it's because of the addition of the baby or if their world is growing and they need more stimulation. Either way I'm trying to get them out more, for my sanity and theirs. We start playgroup every Wednesday and I'm going to try and find a little gym class once or twice a week.

So with all that said, Lucy and Claire are great big sisters but they really want to be in Drake's face all the time...it's a little frustrating I'm not going to lie but I try really hard not to keep them from interacting with him in fear of creating resentment. Although they are great big sisters they are not great listeners and I find my patients being tested constantly because I have to repeat...and repeat...and repeat myself for them to do anything. I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve that have been donated by my amazing neighbor who I love and cherish, so hopefully things will get a little more even keeled around here.

Drake is…well…a fussy baby. He’s getting much better and he’s spending a lot more awake time just looking around and taking in his surroundings, which is really nice because the joke was if his eyes were open (and not nursing) then he was crying. The other hurdle I’m trying to jump over is that for better or worse he wants to use me as a human pacifier and with two busy and curious toddlers that just can’t happen. He hates his pacifier (because of the human one on hand) but I’m pretty much forcing it on him…I’m going out to get a couple different brands today to see if that helps. Other than that life with only one newborn is extremely easy!! I always said that I could not imagine how easy one baby would be (unless that baby had colic or special needs) and I have to say even with a “colic” baby it’s still MUCH easier. Don’t get me wrong…I’m still wore out and trying to get my bearings but really only because I have older children.

Drake’s one month check up stats:

9lbs 1 oz – 25%

21.25 inches

He’s growing so fast and is already as big as the girls were at their two month check up!! Everyone ask who he looks like and honestly he looks like no one…just himself. He’s a good mixture of Claire and Lucy…he’s got Claire’s head shape but some of Lucy’s facial features. I guess it depends on the day and the angle but I see both of them in him. He’s super cute and still has his chubby cheeks which are so adorable it makes my ovaries hurt!

How cute...


Nothing says good morning like being ambushed by two very affectionate sisters!!

His one month photo with the girls

My little man! He looks so big because of those chubby cheeks.


Drake…you are a blessing little man and I’m so proud and happy that God put you in my life and gave me the gift of being your mommy! I love you!

1 comment:

Jackie Johnson said...

Drake looks like your dad in that last photo-spot on!! Congratulations on your sweet new blessing. <3