Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Gobbly Goo!!

I'm really behind on my post.

For "Halloween" my sister had the awesome idea of coming out to my house for an evening filled of fun activities. First the kids and I went to pick out pumpkins...I didn't take any pictures because it was so cold but the girls had a great time. Then my mom and sister came out and we carved pumpkins. This was the best...the girls were a little hesitant at first but the dug right in (literally) and started taking out the pumpkin guts. My sister had them saying "it's gobbly goo, wha ha ha" in a really funny voice. Once we got the guts out we gave them to my mom so she could sort out the seeds to roast them. The girls got kind of bored carving the pumpkins and wanted to play in the guts again so we let them clean out another pumpkin. This innocent act turned into one of the messiest and funniest events. Claire smeared pumpkin on Lucy's head (which almost upset her) until we told her to get Claire back. Well, Claire took it upon herself and smashed pumpkins guts ALL OVER her head. After that it was an all out pumpkin guts fight!!

After a nice long bath we ate pumpkin seeds while we waited for It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown to come on TV. I didn't realize how naughty the characters of Charlie Brown talk to each other but that aspect seemed to go over their heads and they really enjoyed watching it. I think it was the whole idea of having Mamaw Deb and Amy here and staying up past their normal bed time.

It was such a wonderful time that we already said it was going to be a tradition and something we will do every year!

I'll post pictures and video's at nap time!

No comments: