It's a far cry to say that life with three kids is busy busy busy and this poor blog has taken a back burner but I'm going to do my best to keep updating it at least a couple times a month. Drake still remains to be the happiest best baby ever! We feel so blessed to have this little guy in our family. He's already quite the charmer and makes everyone around him smile with his silly little quirks. Claire and Lucy love him to death and constantly play, hold, and entertain him...Drake also lights up around the girls. Even though he loves them he gets overstimulated pretty quickly and cry's to get a little space from them (it's mostly when they are right up in his face...can't blame him there).
Drake absolutely loves his daddy...it's so amazing to see him around Jason. I'm not sure if it's because there's only one this time around or he's a boy etc etc but when he gets a glimpse of Jason or hears him he basically jumps out of my arms to go to him.
Drake is still nursing but he'll get a bottle maybe once a day or every other day. And I have to say he is so hilarious...if he even sees a bottle or hears us making it...he'll start whining and throwing himself back as if to say "if I don't eat right now I just may starve to death". He's so ridiculous that I was making chocolate milk for the girls the other night and he heard me shaking their cups and started crying thinking I was making him a bottle and today at church another little boy was being fed his bottle and the lady helping said that Drake saw his bottle and started whining for one...silly boy!
We've finally started Drake on solids a couple days ago...I tried rice cereal two different times and it upset his stomach so bad and made him constipated that we stopped. This time around I'm using oatmeal and I put a teeny bit of milled flax seed in it and so far it's been great. And he LOVES it...this boy is going to be an eater no doubt about it!! He's even tried mashed potatoes off my fork because he wouldn't stop trying to pull my plate onto his lap.
Another new thing is he's rolling front to back and back to front. It's so amazing how quickly these major milestones happen...one day he only rolled from his tummy to his back and would lay there forever and hated tummy time then half way through the day he discovered rolling from his back to his tummy and he's been all over the living room since then. I've found him under the coffee table, stuck under the chair, on top of the dvd player, stuck on the walls and I realize that I have to make sure the girls pick up their smaller toys.
He also loves:
The bath
Books
Any toy
Getting his diaper changed...it may sound weird but it's always been an opportunity for it to just be mommy and Drake time
His grandparents...again it's so awesome to see the individual relationships being built with all 4 of his grandparents.
His jumperoo horse and he's got the thighs to jump all day!
Drake does not like:
Hats although he's starting to get used to them...ugh bring on Spring!
that's all I can think of...he's really such a happy baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment