Wake up call...so Jason and I had to take an unexpected trip down to Methodist yesterday. I have noticed a significant decrease in the babies’ movements ever since Friday so I called and spoke with Dr. Soper. I typically go and have a weekly Non-stress Test (NST) every Thursday but she did not feel comfortable with me waiting and said to head down to the hospital. Not what I expected to hear, especially from laid back Dr. Soper...I was off work and heading home so I immediately called Jason. He was heading to the gym so I met him there just to get a few bucks for parking but he could tell that I needed him to come along. I swear as soon as we started heading downtown the babies (or at least one of them) started moving. Jason just laughed and said that this would probably be their first of many tricks to pull on us.
Once we got to the maternity triage, they hooked me up and started monitoring the babies. We have been there every week for the past 4 weeks so we know some of the nurses and one of our favorites (Cheryl) said that the babies just had to come see "aunt Cheryl" and that is why they were acting up. I has hooked up for about 30 minutes when Cheryl came back in and I thought she was going to discharge us (that is how long we are typically there) but then she started poking at baby A to get her to react, it worked but I guess not as well as she hoped... so I had to drink apple juice (AKA baby speed as Cheryl put it!) because baby A was not reacting as well as baby B…so after the baby speed and another 30 minutes baby A decided to have some good reactions and they sent us on our way! BUT during that 30 minutes (that felt like hours) all I could think was I'm wearing the wrong undies, the wrong clothes, I'm starving, the camera is at home, I'm not mentally prepared for this…etc…etc…I CAN'T HAVE THESE BABIES TODAY!!!
Big wake up call for both of us...these little ones really could come any day! The waiting game has been the hardest to deal with...waking up every day wondering "is today the day"! I try really hard not to think about it and I’m glad to be at work so I have a little distraction. All I Know is in no more than 2 weeks Jason and I will have two babies to take care of…I truly can not wait to meet them and see their faces!
But for now…we WAIT!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment