Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Girly update

So I realized it's been quite some time since I journaled the updates/progress the girls have been making.

They are such smarty pants and are doing a lot of things a typical 3/4 year old can do (according to an evaluation they had...not just my personal opinion). But personally I think they are pretty darn smart. They retain everything to a degree that amazes me...I definitely underestimate them sometimes.

For example, my sister came to play group with us a while back and she taught Claire how to use the holahoop (which is just ridiculous in itself)...several days after play group we were at my parents and I asked Claire "did Amy teach you how to holahoop at play group?" to which she replied "yay". I basically told my parents that was her response for everything and I doubted that she knew what I was talking about but low and behold she spoke up and said "yay...I spin it around and around". My dad looked at me and said the exact words of "you underestimate your children". I typically do not but in this incident I certainly did.

Other things they have mastered (since before they turned 2)

Counting to 10 sometimes 20
Counting to 3-5 in Spanish (thanks Dora)
All the colors
Shapes
Understanding concepts
Singing...singing...singing. They love to learn new songs and sing constantly. Here are some of their latest favorites
Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star (Lucy's personal fav)
Jesus Loves Me (they learned this after hearing it once or twice)
Rock a Bye Baby
Five Green and Speckled Frogs
Three Little Monkeys
Deep and Wide
Old MacDonald
Itsy Bitsy Spider
I'm sure I'm missing one or two but that is their current line up, well along with singing The Wiggles CD in the car.
They still LOVE Dora...I mean I couldn't want to plot the death of a cartoon more than I do Dora the Explorer but they love her. They have several dvd's and can recite most episodes word for word. Keep in mind that I do not let them watch TV all day long...they get to watch maybe 1hr a day...sometimes more sometimes less (depending on if it's raining or if I really need to get some stuff done!).

A majority of the things they do that really make them seem too big and smart are hard to actually jot down but the way they interact with other people (adults and kids) just amazes me.

I love my little girls!

No comments: